- Agip House,1st Floor,Suit 7 Plot 9,Kampala Road P.O. Box 24576, Kampala (u)
- Tel:+256 (0) 414 347835
Uganda Fish Processors and Exporters Association (UFPEA) was established in 1993. It is a non profit organization that brings together all industrial fish processors in Uganda.
UFPEA provides business development services to its members and through the association, efforts are made to advocate for policies that favour the fish sub sector. Through sustained investments in workforce capacity building and outstanding facilities, the industry has been transformed into a modern processing industry making fish and fishery products the leading non-traditional export product from Uganda, for now more than a decade.
Uganda Fish Processors & Exporters Association has a Secretariat which ordinates the activities and programmes on behalf of members. Currently there are 14 processing factories in operation.
Mission & Objective
An Association where individual members work together to promote a sustainable, quality oriented, market focused and
value added products in the fisheries sector in Uganda.
- MandateTo coordinate all relevant information/activities and disseminate it to members.
- Lobby and mobilize technical assistance as requested by member companies.
- Initiate projects and programmes for members.
- Advocate for appropriate policies and programmes as well as resolving constraints and challenges facing the industry through public /private partnerships.
Please login to add your review.